James PERDUE and Catharine HOLMES came to Bruce County from Chinquousy Twp, Peel County, Ontario about 1862 and settled on Lot 1, Con.13 of Brant Township, Bruce County.
Their son Henry PERDUE had been ordained as a Wesleyan Methodist minister in Central Ontario, but his health failed and he desired the outdoor life which was better for him. He and his wife, Millie Ann HOBBS, who had been a school teacher in the Ottawa area joined Henry's parents in Bruce County in 1862. Henry later relocated to Lot 22, Con B of Brant Township. They had a family of three daughters and two sons; Catharine, Mary, Rebecca, Robert and William.
Henry's son Robert Perdue continued to farm on Lot 22, Conc. B., He married Elva Emery, daughter of Louis Emery of the Pinkerton area. They had two sons, Gordon and Nelson. Nelson went to Western Canada and Gordon went to the Oakville area where he operated a manufacturing business.
Descendants of James PERDUE
Index of Names
Send mail to:
33 Tulip Street
Contact us by E-Mail